Monday, November 24, 2008

A little rain ...

Call it Murphy's Law or 'a little rain must fall on my parade' ... so it finally happened here.

Our remodel project was going so well with only a day or so of work to be done and our township building inspector stopped by and paid a visit. What or who prompted him to come over will surely remain a mystery but one wonders. He arrogantly told the plumber, who was finishing up the work on replacing the kitchen sink, to stop work as there wasn't proper building permit and all work must cease. I was upstairs at the time and by the time I got downstairs the inspector was walking out. He introduced himself, handed me his card and headed out the door. I told him we did have an electrical permit and that was all I was told I needed before starting the project. Apparently not according to him. Sure glad we hadn't planned Thanksgiving dinner here.
Without any appliances or operable sinks it would have been a little awkward.

So our parade was rained on a little and we'll have to stay in the motel a little longer. No big deal I guess ... just damn inconvenient.

On a better and more cheerful note...

We sincerely wish all of those who read this blog a safe and restful Thanksgiving Holiday and, as our saga continues, stop back in on occasion and get caught up on our journey through retirement.

Still livin' the dream

Phil & Sharon

No comments: