Friday, November 21, 2008

Moving along ...

As our remodeling progresses the days seem to get longer and longer. The project is nearing its end, and the pressure to get everything completed is escalating. The old saying 'The Devil is in the Details' couldn't be more accurate as it's the little things that seem to cause the most problems. I'm sequestered in my office on the second floor trying to stay out of every ones way but the urge to poke my nose into project overwhelms me at times. A questionable tactic at best and I wondered to myself will I ultimately suffer some consequence. Sort of like complaining to the waitress that your steak wasn't cooked enough and wondering if the cook later spits on your plate when no one is watching. Oops... way too cynical ..maybe I better put my rose colored glasses on and continue napping.
Anyway ... our new floors are in with only a final coat of finish remaining, the cabinets are almost complete, the master bath should be complete today as will be the final touches to the electrical systems. The plumbers are also supposed to be here today joining the painters who are hard at work as I write this. The new counter tops are here but need a little tweaking for fit and the new kitchen sink should be installed today. Plus 5 guys just appeared to put on the new aluminum eaves and soffits. And did I mention the three guys cleaning the lawn? Why today? Since Since my tractor went on the fritz about three weeks ago, the oak and maple leaves have piled up to about 10 inches and then topped with a fresh 2 inch coat of snow, there was no way I could personally rake it all up before spring. So ... I hired a crew (didn't check for 'green cards') to do the job. Whew... tires me out just thinking if I had to do all of this.





Sharon and the Sherwin Williams paint lady did a great job picking out our new colors for the remodel. Quite a change from the mostly white decor of the past. Hope I don't come home some evening after a few drinks and think I've entered the wrong house. Regardless it's a welcome change and she finally will have a new kitchen with enough counter space and cabinets storage.


So before Thanksgiving they should be about 99% done with only a little odds and ends to complete. The light is beginning to brighten at the end of the tunnel.

Still livin' the dream ...

Phil & Sharon

No comments: