Saturday, February 26, 2011

Early Bird (?)

Contrary to common belief, I do usually get up early in the morning.  Though not often dressed much before noon, this morning was an exception.  With the thought (ready for this?) of actually taking a walk and getting some much needed exercise, I dressed, grabbed my camera and headed out as the sun was rising.

Our eyes, even old eyes, have a unique capability of noticing movement.  We might not always find what caught our eye but something moving against a still background usually gets our attention.  This morning was no exception.  As I left the coach I glanced over a tree lined berm to my east and noticed a slowly galloping critter loping across an adjacent empty field (coyotes can gallop and lope at the same time , I think).  Though my trusty Canon had only a short telephoto, I grabbed several images as the critter headed for nearby woods.  After my sojourn around the park, I popped the memory chip into the computer, fired up LightRoom and took a look at images a little closer.  Yup ... old wylie coyote was heading in for a morning nap after a night of hunting.  About 300 ft away, he didn't noticed me so maybe I'll get a little closer (and a longer lens) and try another day.


There's quite a population of these four footed wanna-be wolves in the area.  We hear them at night occasionally and pet owners in the park make sure they know where their little 'FiFi' is at all times.

Still 'livin the dream' and keeping my eyes peeled.

Phil

No comments: