Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Deja vu ... again

I know none of you folks in the north country want to here this, but the weather here is not so hot either.
As you were getting your pretty white snow flakes we were getting deluged with buckets of water, high winds, tornado alerts, and lightening.  And the next few days will see the temps drop to the low 30's again.  Some of our neighbors are asking if maybe we'd pick some other place to stay next winter. Inferring that the bad weather is something we brought with us.

As nightfall fell (can I say that?), mother nature was at her zenith with winds nearing 50mph, we heard a loud crash.  At first I thought it was my satellite dish again but knowing that I had put a couple of guy lines on it earlier today it could only we my nice Coleman Road Tracker grill.  The neat little red number with the collapsible wheels and the nice full length cover.  Cooked many a meal on this and I thought it was pretty tough.  In about an hour the rain let up for a minute and I ventured out with a flashlight.  As I approached the crime scene it was apparent the victim was flat on its back.  It slightly rusty, greasy underbelly was exposed and its supporting limbs at awkward angles.  It wasn't pretty.  The cover was covering (I probably shouldn't say that either) most of the carnage but as I slowly raised the rain soaked cover, the situation only got worse.  The neat red enamel lid had been snapped off the grill like the greasy spear on a Bloomin' Onion at the Outback.  I could quickly see that other parts were broken and thankfully the rain started up again so I didn't have to stay too long and mourn the loss. I'll have to give it a decent burial in the morning.

The depth of my grief ran deep ... but it was short lived.  I jumped on Amazon within minutes and ordered a new Weber Q220.  So much for my period of mourning.  When it arrives maybe I should bolt it down.  These storms down here are real dillies.

So there you have another snippet of life in the slow lane.

We do have a big supper bowl party coming up this weekend which will be a primer to the annual Mardi Gras festivities.  Plans are being made to go to Mobile AL (true home of Mardi Gras, not New Orleans) to see the parades and throw a few beads.  Should be interesting.

So bundle up everyone ... Spring is but forever away.

Still livin' the dream,

Phil

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

With forecast winds of put 50mph last night here in Navarre, Fl, we took everything inside.

Hope you new grill works well.