Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Go figure

We purchased a webcam the other day with the thought that we could visit with our family and friends live, in person and in living color. I hooked up the MS LiveCam Cinema, loaded the software and, with the help of my neighbor Jim, attempted to get the little gadget working. After a few fits and starts we finally had a jerky audio and an equally jerking video. Not exactly HD quality with Dolby 6.1 sound, but I could see the possibilities … but still stumbled on the execution. The past two night we’ve tried linking up with my daughter and son-in-law but the results were the same. And it seems so easy on paper. Am I expecting too much?

Is anyone out there listening to my dilemma? Should I use MS Live, Skype or ManyCam or what? Help!

Still a little jerky but still livin’ the dream.

Phil

No comments: