Saturday, November 21, 2009

Not bad

I just got around to figuring my fuel mileage for the 1100+ mile trip down here.  For those who don't own a motor home, this number may sound outrageous.  But considering the weight of this diesel driven, 40ft behemouth and the 5100lb TrailBlazer I tow behind it, 9.01mpg is pretty darn good.  Usually driving between 60mph and 65mph, I think we're doing a lot better than most big coaches.  Our average cost of overnight parking was around $23/night. So all things considered, not all that expensive for travelling in style .  Besides ... we don't have to sleep in beds that a thousand others have slept in, stand in the airports for hours, and we have our very own bathroom.

Still livin' the dream.

Phil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

Glad that you made to Alabama safe and sound. I'm quite sure that within the week you and Mom will have made fast friends with most at your park and will be hosting potlucks before long. We're still recuperating from our trip to Disney. It really was a fantastic trip and I'm so glad we were able to do it. Throughout the whole vacation I kept remebering little things that we,as kids, had done when Dad and you had taken us. Sometimes the excitement was infectious and it spread even to Austin which as you know, is one tough shell to break! I will say that It's a Small World ride is still my favorite and Scott and Allison agree. Austin said if he ever had to go on it again, it'd be with earplugs and a sledgehammer. I think he meant it. So we went on it twice- just for laughs. Still haven't posted photos to FB yet, but we will. I've been checking airfares and hotels near where you are but so far, not much luck for cheap. I understand it gets to only mid fifties in December, so we'd like to find a place with a pool so the kids can at least swim. And driving may be our only option. Keep havin' fun and I'll keep in touch. Meeting with Jeni later on in the week, she says hi. Talk to ya soon! Love and miss you both-Leigh