Friday, October 23, 2009

Small world

The following is of little consequence but was interesting to me.

This evening, while attending a Lions Club event, I sat at a table with two brothers and one said he had recently retired from the Air Force with over 30 years service. The other brother had served 4 years in the Marine Corp and I noted that I had served 2 years in the Army. I guess it wasn't so strange that we represented 3 of the 4 services but what I found interesting was that we all had served on the island of Okinawa off the southern coast of Japan at one time during our respective careers. As our tours of duty were spaced some 10 or more years apart, it was interesting to learn of the things we had each seen and the changes we had each experienced.

Old warriors hashing over the good times. It was a good day.

Still livin' the dream,

Phil

No comments: