Sunday, December 21, 2014

A thankful time

Another Thanksgiving is under (literally) my belt and I should take a little time to ponder all the things I should be thankful for.

I want to thank that unknown turkey who involuntarily sacrificed itself to find a place on my dinner plate. I could have been a little more kind but prime rib wasn't on the menu that day.

I want to thank my RV for going a couple of days with nothing breaking or not working.

I want to thank my old TrailBlazer for only breaking a little bit the past few days. Seems that right side headlight just can't remain lit. Works mostly in the daytime but not so much at night. Sort of like me I guess.

I want to thank our friends Tom and Mary for taking the time to pay us a visit. We so enjoyed seeing them and sharing the holiday with us.

I want to thank our kids for allowing us the time to spend our retirement years just doing our ‘thing’. We've little worry about either of them succeeding in life or understanding what it takes to be a parent themselves. They make us feel like we may have done something right.

I’m thankful for having the sense to get up and walk out of a doctors office after waiting 3 ¼ hours for him to see me. And I really liked the stunned expression on the nurse's face as I explained my displeasure.

So with one holiday behind us and another soon here we’re certainly thankful that, before long, both friends and family will be here visiting us.

Thankful for lots of things and still livin’ the dream.

Phil


No comments: