Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Okinawa US Army 1966-1967

This is not one of my normal entries but a search for some old Army buddies.  I'm gathering material for a book about my military days and I'm looking for a little help.  In my other website (www.philipdean.zenfolio.com) is a folder named "Okinawa 1966-1967". In it is a series of images I took as an Army photographer while assigned to the 999th Signal Company 1st Special Forces Group based on Okinawa in 1966-1967.  I would like some assistance in locating any of the individuals depicted in the images or who were assigned to that unit during that time.

My poor memory has only given up a few names from that period so if anyone knows the whereabouts  of any of the following individuals please contact me (or have them contact me) through either the 'comments' section of this site or the 'email: send message' section of my photo sites main page:

Person                              Last known location

Ladd Graham                     California
Leroy Daniels                    Alabama
John Sutton                        Michigan
Bob Garrity                        Midwest
David DeAntonio               New York area
Mitch Mitchell                   Texas

So thanks for indulging me on this little excursion into the past.  But please pass the word to friends and family and maybe with a little luck I can get some help on the research.

I'll be back in the swing of things next time with details on strange flying objects in the sky over our coach and our first day trip to Austin.

Still livin' the dream in east central Texas ... and BTW ... It's still in the 80's

Phil




No comments: