Thursday, March 8, 2012

New stuff

Like many folks on the RV trail know, the water you get at some parks does not exactly taste like a Rocky Mountain spring high in the mountains.  And ...  it seems that it is hard enough to turn skin red and your teeth brown.  So we have suffered long enough.  I did a little research and found a water softener/water treatment system that claimed to fix all my woes.   I contacted the SoftCell Recreation Water System (www.softcellwater.com) folks and before long was convinced I found the right supplier.    I coughed up the bucks to these Minnesota folks, who should know a thing or two about good water, and placed my order.   Because I was anxious, I hurried to the curb to wait for delivery.  Whoops ... I was sure dreaming there but in about 3 business days my order did arrive.

Like a kid at Christmas I tore at the package only to find out that it was really well wrapped.  A sharp knife was called for and before long I uncovered my new water system completely surrounded by the nasty little styrofoam, stick to everything, peanuts.  Calm down, Sharon said as I was trying to shake and scrap those tenacious little critters off everything within 5 feet of me.  Finally extracted from the box, it was easy to see that this was a quality piece of gear.  A large resin tank, a pre-filter tank, and a post filter tank for taste and odor control.  About a 40 pound package in total.

It took about 15 minutes to hook it up and after purging the old water in the coach, we now had great tasting water with no 'floaties' and luxurious soft water.  We could not believe the difference.

We should have done this several years ago but for whatever reason we never got around to it.  Not inexpensive and it does take a little storage space when we're on the road, but I think it will work out just fine.

If you surmise that I'm plugging this company, you're right.  I'm not bashful about it.  My reward is great water.

Still livin' the dream and a little less thirsty.  Oh ... and did I mention my hair was now much more manageable.

Phil

No comments: