Friday, December 23, 2011

Time warp ... or something

Last Wednesday at 12:30 in the afternoon and again at 8:30 the following morning I entered a United State Postal facility with items to mail and found no one   ... repeat ... no one waiting in line ahead of me!  Actually there wasn't a soul in the place except the postal workers.  The last time I was there there were at least 15 people standing in line ahead of me.   Hey folks this is the holiday season!  Let get out there and support our money starved postal service.  I can't imagine I was the only one who didn't get the message to mail early before the deadline... was I?  I was planning on meeting new friends and kibitzing about the weather and such while waiting, but no.  I walked in, went straight to the counter, shipped my package, wished the clerk a Merry Christmas and out the door I went.  Or was I in some sort of seasonally induced parallel universe thing?  Stay tuned.

Confused but still livin' the dream.

Phil

No comments: