Sunday, November 20, 2011

Living it up

Not soon after getting settled in camp, Sharon's sister Gay and our grandchildren Allison and Austin flew down to spend a week with us.  We had rented a condo near Orlando to save the hour or better drive each way from camp to Disney and Universal Studios.

Summers Bay Resorts (http://www.summerbayresort.com/orlando.htm) turned out to be quite a nice place.  Spacious rooms, several pools and best of all ... close to the Orlando attractions.

Our condo
I really got off easy by returning to camp to work on a major photo project leaving the heavy entertaining to Sharon.  I returned at the end of week to enjoy the festivities.

But just one little anecdote on the trip to the airport to pick everyone up ... I had not paid a lot of attention to how much fuel I had in the tank so I dropped Sharon off at the airport to meet our visitors and headed out to buy gas.  Driving and driving, I finally found a Shell station some 10 miles away.  A nice clean station near a big mall.  I really needed the gas so I pulled into the first place I could find.  I got ready to pump only to noticed what the price was.  Regular gas was just shy of $6.00/gallon!  No wonder I was the only one at the gas pumps.  The locals wouldn't be anywhere near this rip-off joint so I pumped just a couple of gallons and headed back to the airport ... slightly miffed.  No very miffed!

OMG gas prices
Sharon carried the most of the entertaining load this week dashing from place to place and roller coaster to roller coaster with our guests.  I don't know how she keeps going but she is really amazing.  Being young at heart helps.  As the week progressed I did noticed all of them were running a little low on steam and hanging out at the pool became the attraction of choice.

And so this past week went.  If you're coming to the Orlando area to see all the great attractions, don't forget to have very deep pockets or a good line of credit ...  or both.  Now not all things are expensive but those do take a little effort to discover.  All in all whatever the cost it was really good to have family come done and spend some time with us.  We hope they all had a good time ... we sure did.

Here's a few more images of the condo ...

Pool at our condo

Master bedroom

Living room and kitchen
Patio view

So in addition to all the great fun, my Grand daughter Allison celebrated her 17th birthday with us. My Grandson Austin is growing like a weed (he was noticeably taller each morning) and my Sister-in-law Gay is still a kid at heart.  All great individuals but when in a group ... crazy rules.  But Sharon and I really enjoyed their visit.

So once again ... we're still livin' the dream ... now in warm and sunny Florida.

Phil

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Sounds like a really great way to spend the holiday!