Sunday, August 28, 2011

Don Ho would be proud

A luau in South Haven?  At Cousins RV Park? ... Who wooda' thought.

Grass skirts, flowered leis, yummy tropical drinks, and a feast fit for King Kuwanahana (I think the famous leader of the Opanicani tribe on the Big Island).

Pat and Sandy hosted the extravaganza and no body, and I mean no body was disappointed or went home hungry.  All of us were amazed at the variety of scrumptious goodies provided.   In addition, fantastic snacks and deserts were provided by a number of other campers.  To put on a party of this magnitude took an almost super-human effort and I hope all of those who attended take the time to again thank Pat and Sandy (and their families) for a very memorable Hawaiian Luau.

So Don Ho, where ever you are, take note ... this is how a Luau is done.

Thankfully I couldn't find a grass skirt my size so I'm still livin' the dream.

And by-the-way

Here's just a sample of the photos I took at the luau.  See them all on my other website by clicking the following: www.philipdean.zenfolio.com





Phil


1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Fun time! I think Don Ho would have had a good laugh with some of those outfits:)