Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jeremiah

Remember the 3 Dog Night tune "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" ... well I found old Jeremiah today hunkered down under a walkway waiting for tomorrows warmer weather.  You'll notice the toe of my 14ww shoe in the image so you can see old Jeremiah was a 'biggun', as they say down here.  I reached down and touched him but his metabolism was so low he didn't budge, or jump, or do anything.  So I left him alone is his dream state or whatever frogs do when it's cold, and meandered on.




Earlier today we went to Doc's along the Intercoastal road for lunch.  We've been by the place several times but the parking lot was always full.  It was after the normal lunch crowd so we found a spot to park and went in.  Not a coat and tie place for sure and actually a pretty old diner that really needed fixing up.  However after our lunch was served it was apparent that folks didn't come here for the decoration.  We ordered the catfish lunch special and it was fantastic.  For less than 8 bucks we got delicious fried catfish, fries, coleslaw, and the staple of every meal served in this part of the world ... hushpuppies.  Not normally a fan of these little onion and cornmeal (?) bombs, these were really pretty good.  In addition they brought us a piece of chocolate cake... surprise, surprise.  A very friendly staff and we'd probably return... not something we've said with most of the other places we've eaten at so far.  And the draft beer was so cold we could hardly drink it ... but did manage.

Things weren't jumpin' today but were still livin' the dream.

Phil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil & Sharon
5:30 AM Sunday here and I am about to go out and fire up my new kerosene burner so I can make a little sawdust in a while. 26 degrees as I speak. A little colder than you are putting up with lol.Everything has been fine here and it sounds like you guys are the same. I believe you are,by the description you lay before me,eating better than I. Had a new meat market open 2 minutes from the house. I thought they sold less than tasty products for they have another store on Pierson Rd. Had to try it. Purchased a little ground chuck and was the tastiest I've had in a while. You mentioned a good ribeye sounded good, well I stopped in again on Friday and purchased the same and after my iron skillet treatment it was fantastic. $3.99 a pound, they made a customer out of me.
Take care and keep posting.
Mel

Anonymous said...

Mom & Dad.

Could this specimen be the long lost frog that Steve brought home when he was little and then promptly lost? My guess is "no" however we never did find him and as far as I know, the vacuum didn't smoke or leave big red streaks on the carpet after he disappeared! Looks as if you and Mom could've brought him back to the rig and had yourselves an tasty treat judging by that frog's size-yummy:) Sorry to hear that the weather hasn't been the most pleasant, but not that sorry. We're scheduled for two days of the glorious, freezing white stuff this week and the kids are hoping for snow days. At the moment the skies are that drab grey and it's a balmy 30 degrees. Not too much else is goin on here, we're photographing holiday pet photos this weekend, which should prove to be exciting if you call the occasional "accident" and the " my dog doesn't USUALLY bite " fun. Also, my brother in law, Dave, is getting married this weekend,and the boys are photographing it. Should prove to be interesting as the bride and groom are really into the 17th century Renissance era. Men in tights, women with everything but the kitchen sink hanging out over their dresses, utensils optional, and a jester. Who could ask for anything more? I'll fill ya in afterwards, promise! Hope both of you are doing well. Love and miss you! Leigh