Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kemah ...

We arrived at our destination in mid-afternoon after surviving a little taste of Houston's Saturday afternoon traffic. Ugh. Ten lanes of madness but only 6 useable because of construction. Tense is an understatement. I really planned this trip based on my stupid thinking that no one would using the highways then but settled in at their favorite bar awaiting the Superbowl game. Sure was wrong about this as apparently everyone was out buying snacks and beer for the party at home. Anyway we're here. Lot is big...it's almost 80 degrees, the hosts are friendly...and with the exception of the young man across the road who received one of my infamous glares (and for whatever reason it worked) when he decided to pump up the volume on his new rap song, things are good. And ... we're only about a 3 wood from Galveston Bay... cool. Tomorrow we'll start our exploration and will report of that later. Stay tuned..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil and Sharon,

I visited your blog today and thought I'd say hello. Your living my dream too! I really want to do what you're doing someday, and hopefully before I get old (I er wasn't saying or implying you're old, just talking about me I promise). I would love for my kids to experience the country in that way. I will never forget a trip my family took from Michigan to Oregan in a pop-up camper when I was 10. It was the best. Great photos and commentry by the way, I can't wait to read more about your adventures. And, hey, how about swinging through Georgia in your travels--we have Stone Mountain, Lake Lanier, Callaway Gardens, Savannah, lots of civil war spots etc. etc. and best of all you can visit us :). Take care! Love, Kelly